January 28, 2009

The Wrestler

There's a bunch of movies that came out in 2008 that I need to catch up on. I did see many of them, but some I missed, especially ones that came out later in the year. So last night I saw The Wrestler with some friends at the Alamo Drafthouse Village. I liked it, but I wasn't blown away by it. It was a little predictable, but the performances were solid. And, to be honest, I don't have much more to say about it than that :-)

I have heard a lot about Slumdog Millionaire, so I'd like to see that soon. I also want to see the new Frank Miller film The Spirit.

Also, the move-in date is set for February 9th! That's when my lease starts and I can occupy the house I'll be renting. (My cousin and his wife are currently living in it.) At that point I can finally start unpacking. Living out of a suitcase (or in my case, four or five of them) is getting really old.

Oh, and I sold my DSC-H50 today -- and no, it wasn't to a Nigerian scammer (who, by the way, threatened to "report" me to some unknown entity for reneging on our "deal") ;-) I hope to put the money towards a nice lens for my Canon! A nice macro lens that can double as a low-light lens might do the trick.

No comments: