August 9, 2009

Pets in the Heat

I never used to pay attention to this sort of thing ... but I stopped off at HEB today, the Hancock center one, and right next to it is a Petco. As I walked down the sidewalk into HEB, I saw a large cage out front of Petco with like six or seven dogs & cats passed out in it. The cage was under a tent (so, marginally in the shade) and it was apparent that they animals had been sprayed with water at some point, but, c'mon -- it's over 100 degrees out today!! The animals were not even remotely moving. The whole scene made me really sad.

A sign out front said they were collecting donations for food for the pets ... maybe they were some sort of charity? I wasn't really sure and I didn't ask. I was appalled that in this day and age someone would subject animals to this sort of treatment. I stood out front there debating whether to go talk to them ... but I'm pretty non-confrontational ... so I didn't say anything.

If I see that again (and that's likely, given that I do most of my grocery shopping there) I will definitely inquire as to what is going on. I'm not the smartest person alive, but even I know that in this heat it's best to minimize your time outside ...

In other news, Bill is doing just fine.

1 comment:

Natalie Hale said...

marshmallow fluff recipe,homemade marshmallows recipe,marshmallows recipes,marshmallow brownie recipe,caramel marshmallow recipe,chocolate covered marshmallow recipe,vegetarian marshmallow recipe. Lightly sweetened whole grain wheat cereal. Good Cereal Container Online. They're also ideal for holding bolts of fabric in the craft room, cereal boxes in the pantry, toys in the playroom