December 22, 2008

2008 in Pictures: Part 13

Okay, I have to admit -- this blogging-every-day (more or less) thing is getting tough! I'm running out of steam to describe all these pictures. So I'm going to cut back on the descriptions (as I've been doing) and just let you enjoy the photos. That's more or less what this series is about anyway :-)

Oh and I booked my train tickets to/from Nanjing this Friday! So look forward to some pictures from there ;-)

Neon Apocalypse

Date Taken: May 30th, 2008

This is a view of Nanjing Dong Lu going out into The Bund and then Lujiazui, taken from the top floor of the Radisson Hotel in People's Square. I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm living in a spaceship!

Taikang Lu

Date Taken: May 30th, 2008

Serving baozi on Taikang Lu. When I get back to Austin I will go on a wild hunt for these delicious snacks. Failing that, I'll learn how to make them on my own. (Yeah, right.)

J Walk

Date Taken: June 1st, 2008

DJ J Walk at The Shelter.

Secondhand Rose

Date Taken: June 1st, 2008

That sure was a busy night! This is Second Hand Rose, a band from Northeastern China, playing at Windows Underground.

Marx & Engels

Date Taken: June 1st, 2008

A giant statue of Marx & Engels dominates this corner of Fuxing Park.

The Bar

Date Taken: June 8th, 2008

Shot from the end of the main bar at The Shelter, when Robert Hood was there.

No comments: